As I mentioned in my last post, I had a little welding project waiting for me. Akemi, my wife, is a potter, and needed some display shelves made for when she does shows with her pottery (www.gullrockpottery.com). We decided on making them take-apart shelving so they could be easily transported and stored. Here is the 1" steel tubing I used to make her shelving.
And here you see the parts being assembled.
The finished shelves....
And here you see the shelves disassembled, with 2 of the pine shelf boards getting their first coat of linseed oil finish. Following the pre-holidays show Akemi has coming up, we will place the steel outside for the winter for some weathering. After getting a nice firm coat of rust, the steel parts will be wire-brushed and then given their own linseed oil finish.